Director, Sportsbook Compliance
What you’ll do as a Director, Sportsbook Compliance:
- Report directly to the VP of Compliance and Risk
- Influence regulators towards positive changes in regulation, project manage company effort to implement the requirements
- Align internal and external stakeholders
- Drive launch coordination between internal functions and regulatory agencies
- Evaluate existing processes to new requirements
- Identify and communicate any gaps
- Act as the liaison post launch with regulators in relationship and issue management to maintain positive reputation
- Build relationships with regulators in states where the company expects legislation to be enacted in the near future
- Partner with Legislative Affairs to educate and influence new laws and regulation and/or seek changes in existing legislation and regulation
- Conduct ongoing compliance assessments and monitoring of processes and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all relevant legislation, rules and regulations.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports to keep senior management and officers informed of the status of compliance efforts and changes in the regulatory environment.
- Contribute to the company’s understanding of the industry and its regulations, making recommendations, developing strategies to ensure compliance.
- Manage cross functional regulatory compliance projects as needed.
- Liaise with other companies, service providers, test laboratories, external legal advisors, local government, regulatory authorities and relevant service providers in various jurisdictions when required.
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master's preferred
- Certifications: CAMS, CIPP or CRCM preferred
- Ideally, you have a minimum of 10+ years of experience dealing with financial or casino regulatory compliance; experience dealing with regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of Title 31, Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Consumer Protection Regulations required
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and International gaming and applicable financial laws preferred
- Analyze existing capabilities and reconcile with pending legislation and regulation, working with appropriate stakeholders to influence change as needed.
- Work with regulatory bodies or other external stakeholders to respond to inquiries and explain results, as necessary.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- You have the ability to manage tight deadlines and multiple complex projects simultaneously