Director of Legal Compliance at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is seeking a highly engaged legal professional with a passion for all things global compliance to join our growing legal team. As the Director of Legal Compliance, you will work directly with the Chief Legal Officer and other teams throughout the company to advise, implement, enforce, maintain and provide training for programs/policies related to global compliance matters in support of Klaviyo’s fast-growing global business.
How you will make a difference:
- Develop, implement and maintain Klaviyo’s legal compliance program (e.g., supplier/partner OFAC, FCPA and other screening, whistleblower protocols, conflict of interest process, etc.)
- Draft and revise Klaviyo policies
- Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Conduct audits and support other compliance efforts
- Provide guidance on training and education programs for employees and managers
- Monitor important developments in compliance and set plans to manage a compliance crisis
- Support global legal compliance strategies and work with local counsel
- Address employee concerns or questions on legal compliance
- Collaborate with external auditors and other teams when needed
- Handle other special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s or Law Degree with at least 6 years of compliance experience
- Professional certification (e.g., Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP) is a plus)
- Proven experience as a Director of Compliance
- Deep understanding of compliance law and best practices
- Risk Management experience
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls
- A practical, business-oriented approach and excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex legal compliance concepts into simple, actionable recommendations.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, intellectual curiosity and willingness to grow.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.