Deputy General Counsel and Secretary
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never hear of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries. Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you. We set a high bar, but if working with the best and brightest, at the epicenter of a transformational technology wave, consider Interactions.
To support our continued growth, Interactions is hiring a Deputy General Counsel and Secretary proactively develops, implements, and manages legal and compliance strategies for the company. This position manages the company’s legal function, including overseeing the utilization of outside counsel. The Deputy General Counsel and Secretary and the legal team partner with the business on a wide range of business and commercial transactions to ensure that business objectives are met in balance with protecting the company from undue risk. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer, who is also the interim General Counsel, and is located in Interactions’ Franklin, Massachusetts corporate headquarters.
- Lead a small but high-performing team.
- Manage and participate in the drafting and negotiation of global commercial agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance.
- Continuously improve standard form agreements, legal processes, and the contract management system.
- Handle regulatory matters and compliance pertaining to a global software company, including GDPR, data security and data privacy compliance.
- Partner with HR on all range of employment matters and legislation/regulation.
- Manage corporate governance and legal compliance for US and International entities.
- As corporate Secretary, attend Board of Director and Board Committee meetings, advise the Board and record minutes.
- Manage intellectual property protection program, including a large patent portfolio.
- Assess the use of internal versus external legal counsel to minimize cost and risk.
- Keep abreast of regulatory and legislative changes that may affect Interactions and/or its affiliates and ensure the companies conduct business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- In conjunction with outside counsel, manage litigation to which the company is a party.
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically; identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
- JD Degree from an ABA accredited law school and admission to the Bar in Massachusetts.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience supporting clients within software development or technology industries.
- Overall broad legal knowledge (including commercial contracts, IP/licensing, corporate, litigation and employment).
- Excellent written, oral, listening, and organizational skills with proven ability to interact effectively with varied audiences, including executive team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence with the ability to stand firm on issues with business clients when necessary.
- “Roll up your sleeves” mind set.
- Collaborative, business minded and team orientated promoting innovation and motivation throughout the team.