Agero, Inc. is seeking an attorney to join its Legal Department to manage a variety of legal matters with significant financial and business impact, including contract negotiations and technology licensing. This position also provides legal support on general corporate, intellectual property, litigation, and corporate governance matters. The position will report to the General Counsel.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts, identifying and prioritizing high-risk and mission-critical transactions.
- Provide day-to-day support to business units.
- Implement and manage best practices to enhance and protect Agero's intellectual property portfolio, and educate and advise the Company's employees on the same.
- Manage outside litigation counsel effectively, ensuring high-quality work.
- Provide support for other matters as determined from time to time.
EDUCATION: Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and in good standing with the Massachusetts bar.
- 4+ years' experience as a lawyer in a diversified US law firm or in-house legal department.
- J.D. with strong academic credentials from a nationally-recognized law school.
- Proven communication excellence with ability to provide clear, correct and concise advice in a business context.
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Substantial experience and responsibility in contractual negotiations.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters and a positive attitude.
- Ability to form strong working relationships with internal clients while maintaining firm adherence to proper legal standards.
- Strong sense of integrity and appreciation for confidentiality issues.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Admission to the Massachusetts state bar.