Be part of something big. Join our vision to transform workplace communication as we know it.
Based in Boston, MA with offices and customers around the globe, Fuze is a leading unified communications as a service (UCaaS) provider focused on modernizing and simplifying day-to-day business conversations. We unify collaboration technologies like voice, video, and messaging on a single cloud-based platform so users can experience greater efficiency and less hassle each workday. The company is growing rapidly. Now's the time to bring your passion and expertise to our Legal Team as a Corporate Attorney!
The successful candidate will collaborate with attorneys in the Company’s Legal Department and other professionals throughout the organization. Day-to-day responsibilities will include drafting and negotiating agreements, handling patent filings, maintaining docketing and contract management systems, and handling a wide variety of other matters as needed by the Legal Team. This newly-created role presents a competitive learning opportunity in a fast-paced, exciting environment. This role can be fully remote and will report directly to the General Counsel.
What You'll Do:
- Review, draft, and advise others on a wide range of commercial agreements such as vendor, procurement, sales & service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and licensing
- Provide legal and business advice to Sales team member around the world, as well as members of senior management regarding strategic business relationships
- Conduct various additional other legal and ad hoc projects as required
- Collaborate with various groups to understand and ensure consistency with the company’s business, financial and risk management objectives
- Maintain applicable corporate database system and legal files
- Ensuring accurate and efficient support regarding legal works in a way to fulfill the requirements of all projects and a proper corporate governance functioning of the Company
What You’ll Have:
- JD and Bar Admission
- 2+ years’ experience, preferably in both law firm and in-house
- Strong business acumen, with ability to understand the company’s business objectives and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings
- Ability to effectively drive issues to resolution within a team environment focused on growth, execution and process improvement
- Conscientious, detail-oriented self-starter who enjoys taking the initiative to drive projects
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with strong project management and communication skills
- Flexible with diverse work assignments and adapt to shifting priorities
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong writing skills and ability to clearly present data, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint, Work, Excel and PowerPoint systems and ability to learn new IT solutions