Working in partnership with our Associate General Counsel and Contracts Manager, the Contracts Negotiator will be part of a team owning responsibility for the company’s growing day to day Contract functions in a high-energy, deadline driven environment. The location of this role is ideally in Boston and primarily responsible for the review, analysis, and negotiation of terms and conditions of a variety of commercial contracts, collaborating as needed.
- Review, analyze, revise, draft and negotiate commercial agreements and statements of work in support of Sales and Purchasing, including direct negotiation with customers/vendors, partners and other. Working with internal/external legal as needed.
- Coordinate negotiations with internal business members and make recommendations regarding contract negotiations and contractual terms, including planning and development of negotiation strategy
- Drive updates to standard contracts and other form documents and related contract material
- Maintain/update contract policies and procedures. Track, report and measure overall aspects of the contract process
- Assist with special projects, as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in contract drafting, negotiation and review with a focus on Software license agreements, privacy, risk and regulatory issues.
- Experience identifying and mitigating risks in a complex business environment
- Experience working directly with attorneys and/or other third parties in both advisory and negotiation capacities
- Excellent written communication skills, with clear and concise drafting skills
- Excellent oral communication and effective negotiation skills
- Excellent judgment as to business, risk and legal matters, including appropriate escalation of issues
- Ability to perform diligence to understand the business objectives and independently resolve challenges to the business objectives
- Highly organized and capable of efficiently handling multiple projects at the same time, setting appropriate priorities
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel and the use of Salesforce
- Government contract experience a plus