EdX is seeking a talented, organized, and experienced Contracts Manager to lead and manage the contracting process for sales, partnerships, and other key business lines. You will join a small legal team responsible for a wide range of contracts. To succeed in this role, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with all business areas in support of edX’s growth strategy and nonprofit mission.
- Draft, review, and negotiate key commercial agreements including sales agreements, strategic vendor agreements, and business partner agreements.
- Review and manage a high volume documents including NDAs, RFPs, vendor registration forms, renewal amendments and general vendor materials.
- Identify contract issues related to payment, performance, operations, privacy, intellectual property, liability, and other key areas of risk.
- Work closely with Sales, Partnerships, Customer Success, and Finance teams to explain and resolve contract issues and answer general business questions.
- Help create internal policies and procedures that enable fast, large-scale growth while appropriately managing risk.
- Expand your areas of expertise by actively participating in additional legal team activities and performing additional and different responsibilities as needed.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or equivalent professional experience.
- Five years of professional experience as a business/corporate paralegal or contracts manager with proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above.
- Demonstrated ability to draft, negotiate, and manage a high volume of contracts from start to finish in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Excellent business acumen and judgment, including ability to place legal risk in proper business context.
- Strong client management skills; demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguous situations and evolving business goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and strong sense of accountability.
- Must be a team player.
- Certificate of Paralegal Studies from an accredited college.
- Experience working with a sales team and a global business.
- Fluency in a foreign language, Spanish preferred.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.