Working in partnership with our Director, Contract Management and Associate General Counsel, the Contracts Manager will be a leader of contract management and negotiation excellence within a growing and profitable company. The Contract Manager will own responsibility for the company’s growing day to day contract functions in a high-energy, deadline driven environment. The location of this role is ideally in Boston.
- As Contracts Manager your primary responsibility will be to manage the contract negotiation process within our fast-paced software sales environment. An integral part of the DataRobot Contracts Team, you will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills acting as an enthusiastic and effective liaison promoting deal acceleration.
- Review, analyze, revise, draft and negotiate commercial agreements and statements of work in support of sales and purchasing, including direct negotiation with customers/vendors, partners and other. Working with internal/external legal as needed.
- Coordinate negotiations with internal business members and make recommendations regarding contract negotiations and contractual terms, including planning and development of negotiation strategy.
- Drive updates to standard contracts and other form documents and related contract material.
- Maintain/update contract policies and procedures. Track, report and measure overall aspects of the contract process.
- Assist with special projects, as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in contract drafting, negotiation and review with a focus on software license agreements, privacy, risk and regulatory issues.
- Experience identifying and mitigating risks in a complex business environment.
- Experience working directly with attorneys and/or other third parties in both advisory and negotiation capacities.
- Excellent written communication skills, with clear and concise drafting skills.
- Excellent oral communication and effective negotiation skills.
- Excellent judgment as to business, risk and legal matters, including appropriate escalation of issues.
- Ability to perform diligence to understand the business objectives and independently resolve challenges to the business objectives.
- Highly organized and capable of efficiently handling multiple projects at the same time, setting appropriate priorities.
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel and the use of Salesforce
- Government contract experience a plus