Contracts Attorney at Fuze
Be part of something big. Join our vision to transform workplace communication as we know it.
Based in Boston, MA with offices and customers around the globe, Fuze is a leading unified communications as a service (UCaaS) provider focused on modernizing and simplifying day-to-day business conversations. We unify collaboration technologies like voice, video, and messaging on a single cloud-based platform so users can experience greater efficiency and less hassle each workday. The company is growing rapidly and offers competitive benefits including health insurance programs, financial and personal wellness initiatives and flexible remote work arrangements. Now's the time to bring your passion and expertise to our legal team as a Contracts Attorney.
The successful candidate will sit in the Boston headquarters, collaborating with other attorneys as a member of the company’s legal team and with other professionals throughout the organization. Day-to-day responsibilities will include drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, NDAs and vendor agreements as well as handling a wide variety of other matters as needed. This newly-created role presents a competitive learning opportunity in a fast-paced, exciting environment. This role will report directly to the Assistant General Counsel.
What You'll Do:
- Review, draft, and advise others on a wide range of commercial agreements such as master services agreements, amendments to existing customer agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and vendor agreements
- Provide legal guidance to members of other departments including sales, account management, marketing, human resources and IT
- Conduct various additional other legal and ad hoc projects as required
- Collaborate with various groups to understand and ensure consistency with the company’s business, financial and risk management objectives
- Maintain applicable corporate database system and legal files
What You’ll Have:
- JD and bar admission in any state
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong business acumen, with ability to understand the company’s business objectives and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings
- Ability to effectively drive issues to resolution within a team environment focused on growth, execution and process improvement
- Conscientious, detail-oriented self-starter who enjoys taking the initiative to drive projects
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with strong project management and communication skills
- Flexible with diverse work assignments and the ability to manage shifting priorities
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong writing skills and an ability to clearly present data both in writing and verbally
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint