Think Bigger. Build Smarter. Create Great Software.
SmartBear helps the world’s most recognized companies develop the world’s best applications. SmartBear has played a role in the ride you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. SmartBear's award-winning suite of testing software enables organizations to meet frequent release deadlines without sacrificing software quality, all while reducing testing costs. Additionally, our award-winning collaboration software helps development, testing and management teams work together to produce high quality software elevating a business’ ability to communicate and complete objectives more efficiently.
Due to massive growth and market success, SmartBear is continuing to hire employees rapidly to scale our company globally. As a Contracts Attorney you are a revenue generating enabler. You will be expected to build positive working relationships both internally and externally, work cross-collaboratively, and represent SmartBear's interests in M&A activity, vendor negotiations, and more. This is an ideal opportunity to join a fast growing software leader.
- Manage and coordinate the full-lifecycle contracts management process, including contract request, contract initiation, contract review, approval, execution/signature collection, and storage and record keeping, in a high-volume environment with quick turnaround times and SLA’s.
- Draft, review and finalize Software Licensing Agreements (both SaaS and On-Premise), Non-Disclosure Agreements, Statements of Work, Data Processing Addendums, complex Vendor Agreements for development teams and other departments.
- Maintain, organize, and update the central contract repository.
- Route contracts for signature leveraging DocuSign.
- Facilitate RFP’s and security questionnaires and obtain necessary input with key stakeholders.
- Maintain precise, organized contracts repository and documented processes and best practices.
- Update and enhance contracts playbook.
- Maintain contracts database and provide appropriate reporting.
- Process purchase orders and invoices of law firms and legal vendors
- Provide general administrative and legal support to Legal team to further company objectives.
- 3-5 years’ contracts experience within a SaaS company with software license agreements required
- JD from an accredited law school and admitted to the bar
- A qualified attorney in good standing and practiced in at least one jurisdiction
- Privacy, government, and/or open source contracting a plus.
- Solid understanding of contractual/legal concepts (e.g., liability, indemnification, warranties, licensing, intellectual property rights)
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines in a multi-task, fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to handle, respond to and execute flawlessly multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Sharepoint) and SalesForce
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.