Contract Negotiator at Nuance
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first line legal support to all Nuance Healthcare business units in the US and Canada.
- Contribute to the work of Healthcare GDOT, supporting Nuance’s business in the US and Canada.
- Focus particularly on the drafting and negotiation of varied and complex contracts with end customers and channel partners, including: hosted service offerings and related documents (e.g., schedules, orders and information security agreements), software license and professional services agreements, BAAs and NDAs following the Contract Negotiator Playbooks provided by Healthcare Legal.
- Collaborate with Healthcare Legal on drafting and negotiation that requires Healthcare Legal oversight based on both guardrails and self-assessment of needs.
- Provide contracting advice, training and general guidance within Healthcare GDOT and cross-functionally to Sales, Finance, Technical Revenue Accounting, and others, as needed.
- Work closely within Healthcare GDOT and other cross functional departments such as Finance, Sales and Sales Operations teams to facilitate the processing of Sales deals.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, CMS or Paralegal certification preferred
Minimum years of work experience: 3+ years
- Minimum BA/BS, Preferred CMS or Paralegal certification; 3+ years of work experience
- Well-developed communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Team player with flexible, pragmatic approach and sound business acumen
- Ability to multi-task and work with a substantially high degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience, although all candidates with relevant skills are invited to apply
- Strong negotiation skills in "customer facing" transactions is preferred
- Experience working as a contract negotiator in the Health Care or IT sectors desirable
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.