ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
We are looking for an experienced Compliance Researcher to help our business stay ahead of the quickly evolving state and federal legal-requirements. If you enjoy being detail oriented, organized, finding best-practices, translating legal language, and are excited about helping our business stay on the right track, this role is for you! This position will report to the Director of People and Culture (HR).
What you'll do:
- Research Federal, State, Provincial, and local compliance laws and regulations and making recommendations for application to the business.
- Maintain an awareness of regulatory and employment law changes and the potential impact of those changes on current and future compliance requirements.
- Work with in-house and outside counsel to ensure compliance in all applicable business areas.
- Write, update and on occasion communicate employment related policies and procedures.
- Develop techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data to business partners and stakeholders.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of audit and regulatory examinations, addressing findings and ensuring proper and timely resolution.
- Work closely with and support the People Team to audit and analyze compliance in all locations.
- Collaborate with other business teams to analyze and investigate opportunities to identify and on occasion implement solutions.
- Partner with our People Team to collaborate, grow and celebrate.
- 2-4 years of responsibility for legal research and recommendations as a Researcher, Legal Assistant, Paralegal or Law Student.
- An ability to anticipate needs and offer strategic solutions that work within our business culture.
- A Growth Mindset and understand how to apply the principles in everything you do.
- An agile approach to pivoting in an ever changing environment, while “keeping it lite” and laughing along the way.
- An understanding of how to account for diversity, equity and inclusion when recommending guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks with exceptional organizational, follow through, and people skills.
- Demonstrated strength in building relationships both internally and externally, with a diverse group of employees at all levels.
- Experience partnering with leaders to create organizational change, including creating a change plan and communications.
- An eagerness and willingness to give and receive feedback, because we all love learning from each other.
Starting Salary Range: $69,000 - $92,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.