Compliance Analytics Manager at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• A minimum of three-years experience leading a consumer compliance team, ideally in the travel and/or financial service industries
• Proficient in SQL or other data analysis tools
• Passionate about people development and fostering relationships across functions
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Creative thinker who considers issues from a customer-centric perspective while being pragmatic and solutions oriented
About the job
Hopper’s Legal and Compliance team is looking for an experienced Compliance Analytics Manager to oversee consumer compliance matters in connection with the delivery of Hopper’s consumer travel services. This position is responsible for managing operations, investigative and analytical processes, and internal and external communications that are required for compliance with consumer protection and data privacy laws.
The right person for this role should be proficient in SQL and using programming as a tool to discover trends, patterns and insights that can be used to inform compliance with UDAAP and data privacy (GLBA, CCPA, GDPR and PIPEDA) laws. Successful candidates for the role will have a minimum of three years experience. Prior experience in technology, finance and/or travel industries is a plus.
- Analyze customer support data to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and internal policies
- Investigate and respond to escalated consumer complaints and third-party inquiries, working closely with Hopper’s customer support function
- Manage and coordinate training for Hopper’s customer support staff in consumer protection and data privacy requirements in order to understand and apply criteria for escalation of cases
- Distill regulatory and financial partner requirements into efficient operational processes and procedures
- Implement and respond to data privacy consumer requests
- Identify potential gaps or areas for improvement in current systems, processes, and policies, and work closely with cross-functional teams to implement changes
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description