Commercial Contracts Negotiation Lead at Veeva
| Greater Boston Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:11 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Commercial Contracts Negotiation Lead to join our fast-paced, customer-centric legal team.
In this senior-level role, you will be responsible for autonomously reviewing, redlining, and negotiating vendor contracts (including non-disclosure agreements, services agreements (marketing, media, event venues), IT license agreements, consulting agreements, and leases). You have knowledge of legal terminology and key terms (including indemnities, limitation of liability, IP, termination, and confidentiality), and a general understanding of purchasing processes.
You will report to the Associate General Counsel and partner closely with the Director, Purchasing. This position is based out of any location in the US.
What You'll Do
- Review, redline, and negotiate vendor contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, services agreements (marketing, media, event venues), IT license agreements, consulting agreements, and leases.
- Manage workload by setting priorities in collaboration with team; demonstrate ability to multi-task; organize work and manage time to achieve maximum efficiency; keep team informed of work/project status; consistently improve team results by taking initiative and assuming more responsibility
- Autonomously manage requests through contract execution, including maintenance of the contracts database
- Verify contractual details for accuracy
- Process standard template agreements for signature and entry into contracts database
- Work with internal clients and other stakeholders to define requirements for purchasing agreements
- Monitor Purchasing Inbox to ensure all requests and new inquiries are resolved in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Finance team and other stakeholders, to include routine reporting and response to requests
- Other ad hoc special assignments
- J.D. or equivalent work experience
- Experience in-house at a tech company or similar fast-paced environment
- 6+ years of transactional experience reviewing, redlining, and negotiating commercial agreements
- Substantive expertise in at least one of these areas: IT agreements, marketing agreements, or commercial leasing
- Experience using an electronic contracts database and filing system (contracts are managed in Salesforce)
- Self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce high-quality work
- Strong communicator who ensures confidentiality and acts with discretion at all times
- Advanced proficiency using MS Word -related document editing, redlining and comparison applications, Adobe, and Gmail
Nice to Have
- Experience with marketing agreements, including for creative services, creative content licensing, events, media placement, talent, sponsorships and digital/print marketing
- Experience with Data Privacy and GDPR
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Flexible PTO policy
- Flexibility to work anywhere
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]