Associate Corporate Counsel at Drift
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the team and role:
An outstanding opportunity to join one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston in an entry level legal role that will allow you to be exposed to various parts of the business as we continue to scale the Company and expand and develop the legal organization as an important part of that growth.
You will be strongly customer centric and passionate about making a difference in your role. You will be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to think independently and at the same time want to continue to learn and develop your skill set. You will be a thinker and problem solver. You will be a team player, able to work across different departments and different management levels and focussed on solving business and legal problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be joining a small and dynamic legal team, reporting to the Sr. Corporate Counsel, on the larger Company Success Team.
- You will review and negotiate agreements with vendors
- You will maintain files and records of all contracts and legal documents through our contract management system
- You will help support our sales team by reviewing and negotiating agreements including Order Forms, NDAs, MSAs.
- You will support Drift’s global privacy compliance program
- Manage the privacy inbox and be the first line of response or Data Subject requests
- Help draft and implement policies and processes.
- You’ll have the opportunity of a lifetime to help build a dynamic global company.
About what type of skills you’ll need:
- 2-5 years of legal experience
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in Massachusetts or other US state jurisdiction(s)
- In-house experience, preferably at a software company and preferably with licensing experience
- Experience reviewing and negotiating non-disclosure agreements, commercial contracts and vendor agreements, preferably in the SaaS space
- Working knowledge and experience with Data Privacy, including GDPR.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn
something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]