Associate Corporate Counsel
An outstanding opportunity to join one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston in an entry level legal role that will allow you to be exposed to various parts of the business as we continue to scale the Company and expand and develop the legal organization as an important part of that growth.
You will be strongly customer centric and passionate about making a difference in your role. You will be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to think independently and at the same time want to continue to learn and develop your skill set. You will be a thinker and problem solver. You will be a team player, able to work across different departments and different management levels and focussed on solving business and legal problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be joining a small and dynamic legal team, reporting to the Corporate Counsel, on the larger Company Success Team.
- You will help support our sales team by reviewing and negotiating agreements.
- You will help support our product team by learning the product and understanding the various data privacy and other compliance issues involved.
- You will help manage our intellectual property, including trademark and copyright registrations
- Help draft and implement policies and processes.
- Maintain files and records of all contracts and legal documents.
- You’ll have the opportunity of a lifetime to help build a dynamic global company.
About what type of skills you’ll need:
- 1-3 years of legal experience
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law
- In-house experience, preferably at a technology company
- Experience reviewing and negotiating non-disclosure agreements, commercial contracts and vendor agreements
- Working knowledge and experience with Data Privacy, including GDPR.
Drift is the world's leading conversational marketing and sales platform that helps businesses connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. After just two years in market, the company has become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all-time and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.