Assistant General Counsel at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our small but mighty Legal team of two lawyers and a paralegal works to provide a foundation to scale the company and guide Formlabs through its growth. We thrive on providing effective business solutions to legal questions and partnering with all parts of Formlabs to achieve the best results. If you’re excited to have a broad range of responsibilities and work closely with our small Legal team and company leaders to provide legal support on a wide variety of fast-moving projects, we want to hear from you about being our Assistant General Counsel.
Please note this role is based out of our Somerville, MA office. However, you won’t be required to come into the office until COVID restrictions are lifted.
- Advise on a wide range of transactional and corporate governance matters
- Develop & maintain strong business relationships as a key relationship manager for our Legal department among the various internal business groups at Formlabs
- Design, build, and improve upon our Legal department processes and policies
- Provide legal support for a wide variety of commercial contracts, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating service and vendor agreements, licensing agreements, manufacturing and supplier agreements, leases, and employment agreements
- Support our HR team on employment law matters and manage the legal aspects of our foreign subsidiaries
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in areas of data use and protection laws, including state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws, CCPA, GDPR, and other global privacy laws)
- Have a J.D. and license to practice, in good standing, and are a member of at least one state bar
- 2+ years experience practicing law in a law-firm, in-house, or other equivalent experience
- A strong communicator, both written and verbally; able to provide clear and concise legal advice to stakeholders who may or may not be familiar with the topic
- Possess business savvy and able to navigate through and effectively evaluate legal and commercial risk
- Experienced in drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts
- Experienced in a variety of general corporate governance and transactional matters
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable for high-quality work, timely delivery, and effective results
- Have demonstrated a strong ability to quickly and effectively develop specialized subject matter expertise, across a variety of topics
- Can handle ambiguity, prioritize effectively, and manage multiple cross-functional projects to completion with little direction
- Able to work in an uncertain environment while maintaining a sense of humor
- Willing to cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions that benefit all parties
- Exercise discretion and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.