Assistant General Counsel
The Assistant General Counsel will provide legal counsel to the Company with respect to its public company filings, operations and general legal affairs. Reporting to the General Counsel, the position assists with drafting, review and negotiation of contracts; provides analysis and legal advice on issues involving the Company's operating activities; provides analysis and legal advice regarding regulatory and compliance issues; ensures that appropriate staff are made aware of and educated regarding applicable laws and regulations; and ensures that policies and procedures are in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, supply agreements and vendor agreements;
- Provide analysis and legal advice on various regulatory/compliance issues and matters;
- Conduct and/or coordinate analyses of business function processes and policies against governing laws and regulations to determine gaps in compliance and help draft new policies and procedures;
- Conduct and/or coordinate investigation of facts involving potential litigation and determine/pursue actions needed to resolve such matters without litigation;
- Provide advice to the business on data privacy law matters
- Assist in identifying, developing and implementing process and technological changes to increase the efficiency of the Company's legal affairs-related activities; and other duties as assigned
- 5+ years' experience as a practicing attorney (minimum 3 years at a firm);
- In-house experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts;
- Ability to competently manage multiple projects at one time; strong follow up; attention to detail; deal and project management skills; a will to learn and win coupled with strong personal accountability; the ability to balance business and legal needs.
- Experience managing contract management systems
- Ability to quickly learn and fill gaps in knowledge base of substantial amounts of applicable laws and regulations is required.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Collaborative team player combined with ability to work independently.
- Sense of humor.
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.