Junior Copywriter, Wayfair Marketing
Are you a writer who can say a lot in a few meaningful words?
Do you have a stellar skill set and a witty sense of humor to match?
Want to work with smart, fun people in an energetic environment?
Then you might be the Junior Copywriter we’re looking for!
The Wayfair Marketing Copy Team is looking for someone who can bring our brand voice to life through snappy storytelling. As the experts on retention and acquisition marketing copy, we entice shoppers to visit our site and stick around. You’ll report to the Copy Manager and work on projects spanning every medium – from site copy to email to print.
- Write compelling names and subject lines for limited-time sales, and work with buyers to ensure messaging reflects product assortment.
- Create high-visibility site, email, and social copy for larger seasonal sales.
- Assist PR, Recruiting, and Internal teams with projects for blogger events, career fairs, and more.
- Provide support for emails, display ads, subject lines, and other day-to-day copywriting tasks.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience writing for a retail audience (either in an agency or in-house marketing team).
- Experience collaborating with designers and other cross-functional partners.
- Motivated, entrepreneurial spirit with an open mind and easygoing attitude.
- Ability to multitask various projects while adhering to deadlines.
- Knowledge of online promotions and limited-time sales is preferred.
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Marketing, or equivalent degree relevant to copywriting.
- Must include a portfolio of writing that demonstrates the skills outlined above.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.