Web Strategy Co-op at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is looking for a passionate Web Strategy Co-Op to assist the Web & eCommerce team members in driving marketing website initiatives forward. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is always looking for ways to optimize processes and site experiences. You will assist in scoping, driving, and delivering web projects with cross-functionally partners across the entire organization. Sitting in the center between marketing/business, development, and design, strong communication and organization skills are the keys to success.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Support the build and maintenance of development sprints within our existing agile process
- Assist scoping and planning development projects end to end
- Partner with project stakeholders to assist in gathering web project requirements
- Build development schedules to ensure timely completion of projects
- Build documentation for web processes and web project best practices
- Build an understanding of our content management system to create new page and feature requests/improvements
- Work closely with developers and designers on web initiatives
- Present proposed solutions to gaps within web projects and/or site performance
- Report and track progress against key projects and optimize the process based off insights
- Contribute data driven A/B testing initiatives to team roadmap
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail. You should be curious, enthusiastic about learning, and comfortable asking questions.
- Enjoys being collaborative with developers and designers during project exploration
- Comfort working cross-functionally with members inside and outside the organization across all levels.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once to deliver timely results
- Self-starter with proven ability to successfully kick-start new projects or initiatives with excellent follow through.
- Previous internship experience required; second or third co-ops preferred
- Ability to work full time from July-December
- Currently enrolled in an academic program
How you’ll grow:
- Ongoing real-time feedback to help you excel
- Opportunities to work directly with and learn from web developers
- Opportunities to learn about how to drive impact for both Sales and eCommerce channels
- High-impact cross-functional projects that produce measurable results with visibility to Marketing leadership
- Experience utilizing best-in-class marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Heap, Looker, Asana, and Marketo to understand the effectiveness of your work and develop new strategies
*Bread puns encouraged but not required