Validation Technician Intern
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, research and artist in the world.
Our Print Production Center in is responsible for the large scale printing of our photopolymer materials. From setting up 3D prints to washing, postcuring, and reporting on quality metrics, the Print Production Team needs a clean, organized, and industrious worker ready to tackle (and print!) anything that comes their way. This team member will be responsible for validating material settings across a number of printed geometries and settings. Travel may occur for the first 2-4 weeks of the role to establish relationships with larger team and explain expected reporting quality.
Formlabs is seeking a Validation Technician Intern to manage 40 3D printers. Must be able to handle liquid chemicals, follow a experimentation plans, report results, and learn new technologies quickly. 1st or 2nd year in technology, engineering, chemistry or biology is an ideal fit.
- Has a math, science, or engineering background
- Exhibits a strong comfort with new computer workflows and reporting large datasets
- Must be able to take and understand instruction well, putting them into action quickly and effectively
- Very focused and follows validation protocols precisely to ensure that the results are reliable, even when instructions are delivered remotely
- Can smoothly navigate competing priorities, tight deadlines, and last minute projects
- Is comfortable handling chemicals and following safety procedures
- Seeks to streamline our production process and complete each validation efficiently and quickly
- Is organized, reliable, and communicates clearly
- 3D Printing Experience
- Hands-on Experience Building Things
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.