To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs develops the most powerful and thoughtful software experiences in the industry. 3D printing remains a fairly complex and intimidating process, and our ultimate goal is to bring this exciting technology to a broad variety of users in the most accessible, friendly, and empowering way possible.
As member of the team, you will work with diverse teams to redefine how people bridge the transition from digital models to beautiful, physical objects through 3D printing. If you’re excited to reinvent how people make things, we want you as our UX/UI Design Intern.
**Please submit a portfolio demonstrating your work with your application
- Sketch, design, test, and improve a continuous basis to invent, try, and communicate new ideas
- Collaborate with the marketing and engineering teams to design assets and interactions that communicate Formlabs vision to the world
- Design web pages that communicate the value of our products
- Use your visual and digital design skills to help us tell beautiful stories and create an intuitive, powerful, and software experience for our users
- Keep all of our visual messaging clean
- Develop user interfaces from low-fidelity wireframes to pixel-perfect interactive mock-ups across desktop, embedded and web
- Understand the value of mockups and fast prototyping as tools in your creative process and have the software development and some creative coding experience to make that happen
- Passionate about user interface design and overall user experience
- Are an independent thinker and a digital storyteller with responsive design experience
- Have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, FinalCut)
- Have an understanding of traditional and contemporary design standards (typography, UX/UI, color theory, and brand communication)
- Ready to do self-guided work
- A multi-faceted communicator who can explain design decisions to any audience
- A flexible thinker who can craft new designs and be ready to switch gears when priorities change
- Interested in learning new tools and techniques
- Want to create a user experience across multiple platforms
- Have a background in design, fine arts, or computer science
- An interest in 3D printing and related technologies
- Familiarity with or interest in animation and motion graphics
- Experience working with digital and analog electronics
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.