UX Design Intern at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
We’re seeking a Product Designer Intern to help us create experiences that feel simple and are intuitive to use. You’ll support senior product designers to produce wireframes and prototypes that cover all aspects of user stories - proactively asking questions to ensure understanding. You’re right for this role if you are detail-oriented; collaborative and humble; have a can-do attitude; and are naturally curious.
- Use your visual design chops to create cohesive collateral that is both physical and digital to support the user experience for restaurants.
- Collaborate with senior members of the UX team to learn and support the product development process - from conception to release – including supporting UX research to obtain feedback for iterations
- Help deliver intuitive and easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes for a variety of projects across our product suite
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Consistently apply Toast’s UI patterns across all designs, contributing to its evolution
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 0 - 2 years’ experience designing software or websites
- Currently enrolled in BA/BS program with an emphasis in visual design, UI, UX or similar
- A long term interest in UX as a career path with the drive to learn more
- Experience in modern design tools (ex., Figma, Sketch, Invision, Principle, etc.) is a plus
- Basic knowledge of user-centered design and best practices
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Empathetic with a desire to continuously learn and evolve
*Bread puns encouraged but not required