User Experience Research Intern at The Predictive Index
The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 7,500 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
We’re looking for an energetic, collaborative, and eager to learn and grow UX Research intern. Someone who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and take on a challenge, will be a natural fit! The intern will work with the UX Researcher to support three agile teams and product lines at various stages of the product development cycle. This is a great opportunity not just to build real project experience as a UX Researcher but also to learn about how products are built in a fast paced environment as well as how the world of quantitative research meets that of qualitative research.
- Collaborate with UX researcher, designers, product managers and engineers to constantly evaluate the user experience and find ways to optimize it.
- Assist the UX Researcher in creating research plans and executing on them, followed by analyzing data, finding trends and reporting back on them.
- Synthesize, communicate, and present research findings, insights, and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Independently run Agile mixed method user research studies and be on the front line interfacing with clients and being their voice for the entire organization.
- Observe how software products are built with a ‘ship to learn’ attitude, learn how user research fits in the big picture, do real user research and repeat!
- Participant recruitment, database management and incentive delivery.
Should you apply? If you’ve got all the skills, drop what you’re doing right now. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear about them!
- Currently pursuing/recently completed a Masters Degree in Human Factors/HCI/User Experience or related field
- 3+ months UX research experience
- Portfolio of prior user experience design and research (school projects count)
- In tune with latest tools and technology for user research
- Knowledge of user centered design and research methodologies
- Knowledge of user interface for SaaS products (especially web applications)
- Familiarity with Agile development and Lean UX
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.