U.S. Events Team Intern at Rapid7
*This internship is part-time for 10-15 hours/week*
Are you ready to join one of the top performing marketing teams in the industry, operating within the white-hot cybersecurity market? If so, we could be an amazing fit for your next internship!
At Rapid7, we offer a hands-on experience in a unique and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to prioritize and multitask in a challenging and dynamic environment. Knowledge of the Rapid7 brand and cybersecurity space a plus but not necessary.
You will gain experience and insight into all areas of event planning through this internship. Focus will be on the event production cycle from budgeting, promotion and marketing, to production, content planning, show running, and event debrief and analysis.
What you'll be doing:
Support the North America Events Team plan regional field events and workshops.
- Research vendors and venues across the US
- Call customers and prospects to confirm registration for events
- Update daily registration reports in correlation with event goals
- Print name badges and agendas
- Ship materials to events
- Manage and organize the marketing closet
- Restock inventory on the online event collateral store
- Support Brand Experience Manager as needed
- Manage 2019 event calendar
- Attend events as needed, potentially including our customer event in Boston and/ or a local trade show
What we’re looking for:
- Some with a highly collaborative, positive, can-do attitude.
- Prior experience in the event or hospitality industry is encouraged
- Organization, efficiency, and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Professional conduct with internal and external stakeholders at events/conferences/venues is of the utmost importance
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Word and G: Suite
What's in it for you:
This is a paid internship and in addition to getting to work in one of the best office spaces in Boston (Free food, check! Ping-pong, check! Cold-brew tap, check! Modern office design, check, check!), you'll be working alongside some of the brightest and most creative marketers in tech. Learn from the best, expand your resume, and grow your network of amazing people who want to help you succeed. Most importantly, we want you to get the most your of your internship, so if you're interested in trying something new while you're here, just ask!