Supply Chain Intern
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The components we source from all over the world are essential to the success of our products and company. We must carefully balance our need to lower costs while ensuring high performance, reliability, and abundant supply. You’ll work with our team of engineers to build relationships with suppliers and expand the capabilities of Formlabs to directly improve our products. If you are focused and inspired with a passion for streamlining and optimization, we want you as a Supply Chain Intern.
- Work directly with current and potential suppliers to keep our material pipeline flowing
- Develop strategies to better optimize our suppliers for cost, quality, and supply resilience
- Assist in supply chain planning for future product rollout
- Conduct market analysis to provide deep and meaningful sourcing insights
- Have a technical or engineering background
- Excited to source, contact, and evaluate potential suppliers for quality, reliability, cost and capacity
- Able to work with a variety of teams, communicating effectively in-person and remotely
- Organized and focused, able to handle concurrent conversations and projects, documenting progress along the way
- Leadership experience and exposure to project management
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Manufacturing and procurement experience
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel
- Product development experience
- Familiarity with part inspection and corrective action, i.e. Quality Control
- Experience with the manufacturing technologies used to make our printer parts: injection molding, machining, sheet metal stamping, bending, and forming, SMT etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.