Summer Internship 2022 Accounting at Klaviyo (Remote)
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Klaviyo is looking for an Accounting Intern who will be a member of the Corporate Accounting team for the Summer of 2022. As a part of the Accounting Team, you will assist with critical corporate accounting functions, including assisting with general ledger accounting and reporting through preparing journal entries and account reconciliations, working on ad-hoc projects, and assisting with month & quarter-end close reporting requirements. This position will also work with colleagues within the FP&A, procurement, and billing functions to ensure appropriate accounting treatment and classification.
The internship will be 100% remote. The Internship will begin June 6, 2022, and end August 19, 2022. Interns will work full-time 40 hours per week during the 12-week program.How you will make a difference:
- Support the month end close process, including preparing relevant journal entries and performing balance sheet account reconciliations
- Ensure general ledger appropriately reflects all financial transactions in accordance with GAAP
- Assist with ad-hoc projects around new processes to drive efficiencies
- Collaborate with Accounting Team members and FP&A to ensure a complete and accurate month-end close.
- Use your accounting and finance knowledge to provide insight and solutions to problems facing the team
- Assist with data compilation and submission to various external parties including financial statement auditors.
Who You Are:
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Able to work on and prioritize multiple projects while continuing to meet goals and deadlines for ongoing tasks.
- Excited to worked in a fast-paced work environment both with the Accounting team and cross-functionally
- Interested in enhancing your Technology/SaaS business acumen
- Able to interact with and build productive working relationships across all departments.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products, particularly proficient with Excel.
- Able to identify errors and root causes of errors and develop workable solutions or alternatives to avoid errors going forward.
- A critical thinker with an inquisitive mindset.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have at least one previous internship or Co-op experience
- A strong communicator interpersonally, verbally, and have proficient written communication and analytical skills.
*The deadline to apply to this role is February 23, 2022*
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.