At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and solves the challenges of one of the world’s largest, most successful financial institutions.
As a Software Engineer on the Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for building systems and frameworks that will be used by teams across the organization. You will be working on a team with experienced engineers and have an opportunity to learn and grow. You have the opportunity to work on the core platform that hosts all our assets along with building monitoring & alerting that identify the health of such services.
We take pride in our team-based, tightly-knit startup Kenshin community that provides our employees with a collaborative, communicative environment that allows us to tackle the biggest challenges in data.
What You’ll Do
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily Python and shell scripting
- Collaborate with engineers on other teams to incorporate their ideas
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
Technologies You Will Use
- Kubernetes, AWS, gRPC, Grafana, Prometheus, Kafka, PostgresQL
- Ubuntu linux or similar operating systems
What We Look For
- Have coding experience in Python, Java or Go
- Interest in architecting and developing large scale distributed systems
- Experience in concurrency, multithreading and synchronization
- Have familiarity with the Unix/Linux environments
How You Can Really Get Our Attention
- Your Github account showing practical, entrepreneurial initiative
- You have experience building distributed systems or collaborated on a team developing internal tools
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global.
As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.