At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy and support needed to build amazing technology and products. To do this, we look for people who insist on a bias towards action to minimize unhelpful hierarchy and process. We collaborate using our teammates' diverse perspectives to solve hard problems. Our communication with one another is open, honest and efficient. We dedicate time and resources to explore new ideas and, as a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and useful.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that transform the way we think about data? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our tightly-knit, team-based community that provides our Kenshins with a collaborative, supportive environment to bring transparency to the biggest challenges in data.
What You'll Do
- Work on one or more projects to develop web applications for both internal and external users
- Collaborate with the Design team to create awesome UX and beautiful frontends
- Quickly prototype and iterate to refine and improve projects
- Write tests and learn how to generally ensure application stability and reliability
- Optionally work with our Impact team to use our skills to help the world
- Learn collaboratively with a mentor and hopefully teach us something!
Technologies You’ll Use
- Emotion (CSS in JS generally)
- Unit Tests
What We Look For
- General understanding of algorithms, data structures, and code patterns used in web development
- Effective written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Desire to learn and grow as a software engineer
- Personal projects or contributions to open source software
How to Really Get Our Attention
- Major project work/contributions we can check out
- Research, publications, patents
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global.
As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.