Strategic Initiatives MBA Intern: Summer 2020 at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready to make a change?
Ideal candidates are go-getters, who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves. You should be excited by tough problems and is able to thoughtfully break down complex projects. The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering results, complete ownership of work and outputs, finding a way to work through barriers, finding ways to work efficiently, and excellent business judgment. You should have a demonstrated ability to think analytically about the business, have a critical eye for detail, and have high expectations and standards.
About this roll*:
- Strong operational ‘right hand person’ for the Head of GTM, reporting to the Director of Growth
- Lead OKR meetings across the GTM and ensure that all action items are executed
- Taking notes during key business meetings and making sure that the action items from the meeting are executed.
- Provide strong problem-solving leadership related to shaping strategic focus and operational approach for all GTM business initiatives
- Break down issues into key components and design analytical & operational approaches to identify solutions
- Lead and program manage complex, cross-functional initiatives and launches (i.e. set process, deadlines, deliverables) end-to-end
- Inform, influence, and execute new strategies and operational tactics for new products/business lines
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company including sales leadership, product marketing, strategic finance and sales operations
- Run cross-functional working team meetings efficiently and effectively, with ability to connect dots and influence key decisions
- Run key analyses to assess and flesh out select initiatives through synthesizing external/market facts and data and using internal data sets.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Currently enrolled in MBA program
- Experience in project management
- Demonstrated problem solving with experience providing business insights and recommendations from data sets, both individually or in a group setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for successfully delivering measurable results in fast-moving environments
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to learn and master Salesforce
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
*Bread puns encouraged, but not required