Software Engineering Intern
Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Software Engineering team, you would be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will design, develop, test and enhance Markforged’s 3D printing software application features and its associated cloud services. You will learn and gain hands-on experience with web, cloud and IoT technologies & toolsets.
What have past Software Engineering Interns worked on?
- Eiger feature that automatically packs a print bed given a set of parts
- Printer feature that uses laser to intelligently recover from a power outage mid-print
- Prototype for a high-bandwidth IoT data pipeline using an AWS stack
- Construct models and use machine learning algorithms for improving print time estimates
- Build internal automation tools for developer and deployment convenience
- Spring and Summer Internship opportunities
In this role you will:
- Work alongside full-time engineers on mission-critical projects that drive the product and the company forward.
- Ship code live to production on your very first day.
- Actively participate in team-wide code reviews and design discussions.
- Work across our entire software stack, from our web app for collaborative part design and interacting with the printers, to our browser-based slicer, to our embedded software running on the printers.
- Design, develop and produce quality software features for Markforged’s 3D Printing Software application-suite and support tools.
- Follow Markforged’s agile development methodology to execute projects successfully on-time.
What we look for:
- Possess extraordinary software engineering talent.
- Eager to continuously learn and improve.
- Thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Passionate about 3D printing.
- Ability to work effectively in teams with technical and non-technical members.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field at an accredited educational institution.
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description