Settings Optimization Validation Intern at Formlabs
Settings are what brings Formlabs innovations in materials, hardware, and software technologies together for the users. The Settings Optimization (SetOps) team strives to continuously improve the in-field performance of these settings. A critical part of this process is validating new and updated settings before they are released externally to public users.
A Settings Optimization Validation Intern plays a key role in performing this by executing, examining, documenting, and reporting on a large number of prints on a printer farm. They also work closely with SetOps engineers and other teams to share and discuss results as well as suggest improvements. If you are enthusiastic about 3D printing, want hands-on experience with printers, and are interested in exploring the 3D printing industry, this is the opportunity for you.
- Execute test procedures on our SLA printers using all of our resins, including new resins and hardware
- Learn and operate high accuracy measurement equipment
- Meticulously log data, record outcomes and communicate results effectively
- Maintain a fleet of printers and allocate them efficiently to prioritize work
- Take part in organizing the workspace and work environment
- Well-organized, good time management, and excellent attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Communicate test results effectively and in a timely manner
- Experience working with protocols/SOPs
- Enthusiastic and interested in 3D printing
- Working towards a B.S. in an engineering discipline (all are accept with a preference toward Mechanical and Materials)
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Basic understanding programming and scientific computing, ideally Python and/or Matlab
- Familiar with mechanical design and CAD modeling (Solidworks/OpenScad/Onshape a plus)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.