Sales Operations Intern at Vestmark, Inc.
Vestmark has upheld a corporate mission to enable investors to better their financial well-being. We do this through delivering technology and services that enable financial institutions and advisors to deliver holistic advice in line with investor objectives.
Vestmark is reviewing our Customer Resource Management system (Salesforce.com), focusing on delivering new valuable functionality to our Go-to-Market teams. An important element of this work is ensuring that the underlying data is correct, informative and supports efficiently executing our business processes.
We have terrific opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable experience working with an enterprise class CRM application used by a fast-growing technology company to support Sales and Marketing operations.
By the end of this Internship, you will have hands-on experience:
- Working with Discovery Data (or similar 3rd party data sources like D&B)
- Using a CRM system such as salesforce.com
- Creating management reports
Do you have strong attention to detail, a knack for organizing data into efficient data structures and a desire to learn (and influence) how data is used to drive business decisions and action? If you can relate to this, let’s talk!
- Review approximately 3,500 Sales Account records and update values to align to validated 3rd party sources
- Identify duplicate account records and merge
- Identify accounts that are subsidiaries of other accounts and create the parent-child mapping
- Examine account owner and recommend changes where appropriate (territory design)
We also have other areas of focus so, time permitting, there may be an opportunity to expand the responsibilities for a similar review of our contact data set.
- Experience using Excel, Access or other similar applications to structure and maintain data sets
- Enrolled in BS/BA college level program; majoring in Business, Finance or Data Science
- Positive attitude and energy
- Intellectually curious
The Sales Department is ideally looking for the internship to begin this month, but the start date is flexible. The internship will be 20-40 hours per week for 4-6 weeks.