Research Analyst Internship - Captains of Innovation - Cambridge, MA
Greater Boston Area
Captains of Innovation, located within one of the epicenters of the innovation community, CIC Cambridge (One Broadway, Kendall Square), seeks a passionate researcher as part of its ongoing Research Analyst Internship.
The Research Analyst intern will work primarily with the Director of Implementation to support clients seeking to connect with startups and other elements of the innovation ecosystem. Captains’ portfolio clients are primarily global corporations working to innovate their business models and find new technologies to disrupt their industries. We seek an enthusiastic, creative, and detail-oriented individual with demonstrated experience conducting high-quality research along with a deep commitment to innovation and startup culture.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- A voracious researcher, driven by a passion for startups, innovation, and entrepreneurship, and a great connector/networker.
- Team player who is personable, happy to help others, and naturally drawn to a very busy, continually-evolving environment. Ability to work well as part of a small (but mighty!) team.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic who is comfortable multitasking multiple research tasks while remaining detail-focused.
- Strong relationship with technology; mac proficient.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This person will be a member of the Venture Café Global Institute staff and report to the Executive Director of Captains of Innovation and the Director of Implementation.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct fast, high-quality, confidential research and large-scale global innovation ecosystem analysis on a variety of topics and industries.
- Attend meetings, take comprehensive notes, and demonstrate an understanding of objectives to effectively assist in scoping research and project setup.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the client’s business, products and services along with the broader industry, particularly related to client objectives.
- Provide general support to the Captains of Innovation team for events like hackathons, demo days, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated passion for researching with results to match
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience
Compensation is $20.62/hr with the expectation of working 25 hours per week. Internships may last from 4-12 months.
ABOUT CAPTAINS OF INNOVATION
Captains of Innovation, a program of the Venture Café Global Institute, is designed to help large organizations in today's hyper-competitive environment with the full spectrum of innovation – to conceive, develop and commercialize ideas, products and services as well as connect corporations to startups, entrepreneurs, innovation thought leaders, host conferences, hackathons, events and more. Corporate partners join in order to find new technologies and business models as well as understand emerging technology and market trends that may disrupt their industries. Going even deeper, we assist corporate partners in building their own innovation foundry with the creation of innovation incubators, accelerators, innovation centers and virtual innovation centers.
ABOUT VENTURE CAFÉ AND THE VENTURE CAFÉ GLOBAL INSTITUTE (VCGI)
Venture Café’s mission is to connect innovators to make things happen. Founded in 2009 at CIC, Venture Café is now a global movement of local nonprofits working to build stronger and more inclusive innovation ecosystems and accelerate and enhance the innovation process, in cities around the world. It does this through its use of programming, physical spaces, storytelling, and broad innovation engagement. There are currently Venture Cafes in six locations globally.
The Venture Café Global Institute is a public benefit corporation that operates as a nonprofit organization to support the Global Network of independent Venture Cafes. VCGI provides support in key areas including staff training, knowledge sharing, fundraising, shared systems and services, intellectual property, and guides expansion to new sites. It also deploys our flagship corporate-startup connections program, Captains of Innovation, around the world.
VCGI is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.
Read Full Job Description