Release Management Intern
The Release Engineering Group is a team comprising of developers, Quality Assurance & Release Management. The overarching mission of this group is to ship reliable, performant & maintainable releases of the Unity product on time, by growing the culture of quality within the company. Simply put, the group is responsible for shipping Unity and for continually improving how that ultimate goal is accomplished.
During this internship you will work primarily within the Release Management team, based in hip, sunny Brighton. You will also have opportunities to collaborate with other teams within the Release Engineering Group, on cross-team projects and initiatives.
As a Release Management intern, you will work to support the team directly and you will learn how we manage the release process within Unity. You will also have opportunities to interact with Unity users via our Alpha and Beta forums and opportunities to develop tooling to improve our processes, which ultimately contribute to the team's success.
This is a one year paid internship starting in summer 2020.
- Actively monitoring boards and forums for user issues
- Supporting the tracking KPIs and Metrics related to releases
- Reviewing and critiquing release notes and documentation
- Building tools to improve the efficiency of tasks done within the teams
- Manual testing on different Unity versions and investigating issues to supply relevant information to development teams
- Currently studying towards a computer science or similar degree and looking for a placement year
- Good understanding of one or more object-oriented programming languages such as C++
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Confident in communication, both written and verbal
- An open mind and a willingness to question the status quo
- An interest in computer games or software for creative applications
- Experience using Unity
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.