R&D Program Management Co-op at Indigo
R&D Program Management Co-op
Please Submit applications by 6am on Tuesday, October 15th, 2019.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
Indigo is looking for uniquely qualified candidates to join our fast-paced R&D Program Management Team. The ideal co-op will possess the drive to critically examine the inter-dependent processes across all of our R&D functions to improve the efficiency and speed of our product discovery pipeline. The co-op will assist the team in the identification and implementation of project management best practices, tools and processes to analyze our portfolio of R&D projects.
- Evaluate existing project management software to analyze critical process pathways used in product discovery.
- Identify rate limiting steps in new product discovery research.
- Work closely with research staff to identify approaches which decrease timelines in the delivery of key milestones.
- Utilize project management processes to identify and mitigate key process risks.
- Using existing software, assist product teams with the production of data visualization and project dashboards.
- Assist the team in the evaluation of new project management tools, processes and templates.
- Working closely with Project Managers, facilitate the development of integrated project plans.
- Partner with or shadow functional team members to learn critical activities involved in our R&D pipeline.
- Work with dynamic, cross-functional product teams to develop project schedules, development timelines, and decision logs to track our exciting progress towards the launch of new Indigo products.
- Understand and embody our purpose & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Possesses effective listen skills to quickly understand complex processes
- Able to quickly grasp key project activities and timelines
- Process-oriented and able to operate, with assistance, where processes are incomplete
- Able to deliver a high-quality work with keen attention to detail
- “Can do” approach to problem-solving.
- Independent thinker
- Good cross-functional networking and communication skills
- Good technical skills in Project Management methodology
- Data management knowledge
- Interest and desire to work in a science and technology based environment
- Consistently able to maintain an inspiring, innovative, creative work environment.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.