Publisher Sales Co-op (Fall 2019)
Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston — and we're profitable. Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors they’ll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
The Publisher Relations Co-op role
BookBub seeks a talented undergraduate to provide key support to the publisher sales and account management team, helping our account managers drive business and coordinate campaigns for our big publisher partners. The co-op spans six months, July - December 2019.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting BookBub’s account managers in submitting, scheduling, and coordinating our publisher partners’ promotions with BookBub
- Collaborating with BookBub’s editorial, production, and product teams to ensure publisher campaigns run smoothly and successfully
- Helping account managers prepare reports, presentations, and pitches for client calls and meetings by conducting analysis, research, and other prep work as needed
- Supporting the account managers at industry conferences and in client meetings or phone calls
- Learning BookBub’s suite of marketing products thoroughly and understanding how they can help our partners sell books
- Developing comprehensive knowledge of the publishing marketplace and internalizing our partners’ pain points, needs, and goals
Ideal candidates for the position will have:
- Outstanding professional written and verbal communication skills
- A friendly, positive, and outgoing demeanor with a desire to help others
- Excellent analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with data entry and project tracking
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt to new organizational systems and processes
- Comfort working autonomously and balancing competing priorities effectively
- Excitement for a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- Enthusiasm for books, authors, and/or the publishing industry
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.