Product MBA Intern: Summer 2020
Do you want to be part of a growing dynamic product team that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry? If so, you are a Toaster.
Toast has built a powerful and easy to use Android tablet based Point of Sale and restaurant platform for restaurants, helping them operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We have a rapidly growing customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars & nightclubs. We are passionate about how to help our customers grow their business, and how to provide a best in class user experience. We strive to bring the best designs and products to our users. The product management team works hand in hand with the engineering development team to steer and guide the process of developing new and improved products from conception to launch.
On the product management team, you will interface with other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Customer Support to build and shape innovative products. You will have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers (CIOs, CTOs, CMOs, managers and employees) directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
- Work with our Product Managers & Engineering teams to define the next generation of Toast products
- Conduct interviews with our restaurant customers to gain an understanding of evolving market dynamics and customer pain points
- Recommend ways to optimize Toast’s strategic positioning in a rapidly evolving competitive landscape
- Use analytical and quantitative skills to enhance product success
- Develop business plans and ROI analysis for the team
- Use competitive market analysis to create a bigger impact
- Review primary and secondary research and share findings with the team
- Work with the Marketing & Documentation teams to determine impactful customer messaging and measure customer engagement
- Lead alpha and beta programs for new product releases
- Currently enrolled in MBA program
- A strong analytical background
- BA/BS required
- Experience in software highly preferred
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics will be considered a plus