Product Marketing MBA Intern: Summer 2020 at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Toast Core Product Marketing team is responsible for connecting the sales, product, and marketing teams by gathering market insights to inform product development and bringing new products to market through customer segmentation, value-based messaging, sales knowledge transfer, and cross-functional marketing activation. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup.
In this role, you will help inform go-to-market strategy for our core product pillar by collaborating on key initiatives relating to buyer personas, product positioning and messaging, and qualitative and quantitative insights from customer and market research. The ideal candidate enjoys playing a significant role in setting company strategy, has a proven track record of launching new products, and thrives in a hyper-growth environment. If you’re a cross-functional team player with strong communication skills and a “get stuff done” attitude, read on!
About this roll*:
- Work directly with the Director of Core Product Marketing and senior leaders to develop and directly execute strategic and operational plans that drive growth
- Unearth insights into buyer needs and market opportunities to influence company strategy and product roadmap
- Develop sales and marketing experiments to test hypotheses and inform GTM strategy
- Create high-impact messaging and product positioning across customer segments to inform content strategies
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to drive sales productivity through product knowledge transfer, seller collateral, and value-based talk tracks
- Become the market expert on the restaurant industry and technology landscape; actively shadow sales teams, interview clients, prospective clients, partners, and industry influencers to inform campaigns, content, pricing and innovation strategies
- Build and execute best-in-class processes for bringing new products to market, driving adoption and ARR
- Partner with Market Insights to set a pricing, packaging, and promotion strategy to make our offerings easier to buy and easier for our reps to sell
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Must be currently enrolled in an MBA program
- Strong analytical skills and experience with primary market research and data analysis
- Deeply curious about our market, competitors and customers
- Highly collaborative mindset; experienced at working cross-functionally to drive results
- Strong writer, presenter, and verbal communicator: ability to build strong, compelling story lines and recommendations that are deeply evidenced in both quant and qual research to move leadership to action
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure tight deadlines are met both internally and externally
- Interest and passion for startups, tech, and restaurants
*Bread puns encouraged but not required