Ellevation is in search of a Product Management Intern to support the work of a cross-functional product team. This will include engaging in customer discovery, distilling challenges, gathering data and curating ideas to deliver product-market fit. The Product Management Intern will facilitate high quality decision-making in service of delivery against team and company OKRs.
Our Product/ Design Culture
We are organized into small, cross-functional teams, comprised of a Product Manager, Designer, Technical Lead, and engineers, that focus on high-level objectives in service of our customers and business goals. We focus on outcomes over output. Our teams are empowered to research, prototype, and develop MVPs to solicit user feedback and validate hypotheses. We measure and rapidly iterate so that the end result is a high-confidence, high-value product.
Iteration and hypothesis-driven discovery are core principles for the Product Team at Ellevation. We foster an environment where we have the runway to experiment and learn from failure while ensuring that we deliver against business objectives. Our teams feel just as comfortable and confident to share when their hypotheses were proven wrong as when they were proven correct: implicit in this is the belief that one of the most important currencies in our line of work is learning. We seek individuals who are willing to be cross-functional, hands-on in multiple areas, and offer thought leadership for the organization.
We also value staying connected and aligned as a team and as a company. We do this through a variety of ways -- quick weekly sync-ups to review our quarterly OKRs, weekly Demo Fridays where we preview cool new features to the entire company, and much more. We also value evolving our culture - new ideas are always welcome!
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a comfort communicating across different audiences
- Ability to gather, analyze and distill data into learnings and insights
- Eagerness to tackle complex challenges and a demonstrated ability to break things down into concise, actionable steps
- You’re naturally curious and a great team player. You have strong interpersonal skills and can work with teammates of varying levels of experience
- Passion for education, technology and English Language Learners
- Experience analyzing markets or opportunities to develop strategic, data-driven recommendations
- Experience working as an Engineer or UX/Product Designer is a plus
- Bachelors required, Masters preferred
- Supporting the Product Manager and effectively collaborating with the team to facilitate discovery, planning and execution
- Comprehensively researching opportunities, synthesizing data, distilling user feedback, and recommending solutions
- Learning agile development processes and actively contributing to the team rituals
- Clearly capturing needs and requirements in user stories
- Asking thoughtful questions to understand user goals and needs
What Success Looks Like
Within 1 month, you will:
- Thoroughly understand Ellevation’s business goals, market landscape, product offering, and partner personas
- Fully participate in product team processes
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to engage in research and discovery on a product opportunity
Within 3 months, you will:
- Lead and deliver analysis of a product opportunity with data-driven learnings and recommendations
- Capture the product requirements in user stories and epics - refined with the team and ready for development
- Become a valued and trusted contributor to the Product team - able to speak competently to assigned user needs and product areas
Dates and duration: This could be either a 3 month fill-time or 6 month part-time internship. The start and end dates are open.
Location: This opportunity is based in Boston. If you will be relocating to the Boston area for this internship, you will need provide a proof of housing no later than 2 months before the start date.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.