Product Design Intern ( Winter / Spring 2019 )
As mechanical engineers at a 3D printing company, we create tools we use ourselves. We’re excited to build devices that not only create beautiful, accurate, and functional parts but also reflect careful user experience design. Our team prototypes, builds, and manufactures the mechanisms, components, and systems that make our printers function with precision and reliability.
If you are passionate about hands-on engineering and rapid prototyping and are ready to tackle complex challenges on a real world product, we want you to join our team as a Product Design Engineering Intern.
Internships at Formlabs are project-based and you will be given the opportunity to explore many aspects of the design process. The projects at Formlabs are constantly changing and evolving, so by applying for this role, you may be considered for various roles/projects within the Mechanical Engineering team from early stage R&D to late stage DFM.
Some previous intern projects include:
- Designing, building, and iterating on early Form Wash R&D concepts
- Designing components for the Fuse 1 optics module
- Developing and testing Resin Tank LT prototypes
- Significant DFM work on Form Cure cover, LEDs, and heat box
- Love to ideate, design, prototype, test, and rapidly iterate on components and systems for continual improvements
- Enjoy developing consumer products with strong user-based design
- Excited to work on impactful projects and hit the ground running
- Have a strong engineering background working with complex mechanical assemblies
- Have worked with electro-mechanical systems
- Dedicated to seeing projects from concept through to functional prototype, both working individually and on a small team
- Comfortable working with SolidWorks
Sharing a portfolio/website that reflects your mechanical engineering work or projects is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,