People Ops Intern at Soofa
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are seeking an energetic, collaborative, and charismatic People Operations Intern to join our fast-growing team and help create a happy and productive work environment. You will work directly with Soofa’s Chief of Staff and CEO.
This is a great internship for an empathetic and hardworking student who hopes to go into people ops, HR, operations, or recruiting. The ideal candidate is available September-December 2019.
At Soofa, we enable city dwellers to co-create a thriving community. Join us!
- Support Soofa’s Chief of Staff with day-to-day HR, recruiting, hiring, office, and business management tasks
- Identify and screen potential job candidates
- Keep a meticulous calendar and occasionally assist in scheduling for others
- Help plan biweekly company outings/events and bimonthly networking events at Soofa HQ
- Drive company culture by keeping our fridge and cabinets stocked with treats
- Grow your own network as well as Soofa’s by attending networking events
- Experience with scheduling and general business communications (you can write a professional email)
- Comfortable on the phone
- Comfortable with communication in general: you’re not afraid to remind someone very senior on the team that cans belong in the recycling bin
- Super organized and great at keeping others organized
- Great attention to detail
- You believe no problem is too hard; you find new and effective ways to streamline processes and increase efficiency
- Drive for continuous improvement; you love feedback!
- You save the drama for your mama
Bonus Points For
- Administrative, event planning, and/or recruiting experience
Perks of Interning at Soofa
- The opportunity to forge your own path and grow in any direction that’s exciting for you
- You’ll work with a well-connected team of Harvard and MIT grads
- Free Friday lunch and tons of healthy snacks
- Healthy company culture focused on, among other things: direct communication, mentorship, and being excellent to each other