People Operations Co-op: Spring 2022 at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
People Operations is looking for an enthusiastic, organized, and detail-oriented person to join our People Team. The People Operations Co-op is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations and tasks, as well as People Team projects and initiatives.
We offer a great opportunity to learn the full-cycle employee experience including onboarding, employee record management, process improvement, systems, and more. The People Operations Co-op will be friendly and helpful, with a strong desire to learn.
- Manage parts of the onboarding process including work authorization and employee file administration.
- Enter employee information into our HRIS on a timely basis with a deep commitment to data integrity.
- Partner with members of the People Operations Team to lead a process improvement project of your choosing throughout your co-op experience.
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, organization events and other duties as necessary.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as necessary.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
The ideal candidate in this role will be customer-oriented with strong organization skills, the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks with tight deadlines, while maintaining impeccable attention to detail and accuracy. Additional qualifications are:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications, Management, or related field.
- Interest in working within a People Team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to balance all responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain discretion.
- Ability to work 40-hours per week throughout the experience (January - May/June).
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.