Panorama Education is a fast-growing Boston startup focused on helping K-12 schools improve through the power of data. Our mission is to ensure that every student has great teachers, great schools, and a great education. We currently serve more than 7,500 schools around the world, and we have raised $32mm in funding from Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, YCombinator, Mark Zuckerberg, and others.
We are looking for an energetic summer intern to support our office management on a part-time basis. This is a great opportunity for a college junior or senior looking to build work experience, or an individual who wants to learn about life at a tech start-up. We are a friendly, hard-working team that takes pride in helping our colleagues to be as effective as possible. Our ideal candidate is excited to roll up their sleeves and dive into whatever needs to get done, loves getting the details right, and moves quickly through lots of projects. This is a paid internship.
Here’s more detail on the role:
- Manage space and office processes (e.g., order supplies, unloading packages and putting items away)
- Organize our inventory (supplies, technology, swag, food, etc.) so that Panorama team members can find what they need when they need it
- Keep the office looking great -- create signs and directions, set up for events and meetings, ensure conference rooms are filled with necessary supplies
- Set up office space for new team members to welcome them to their office and desk
- Brainstorm and research new ideas to solve challenges (e.g., find new vendors, fix items)
- Contribute to knowledge management efforts (e.g., document what you’ve done so others can follow along)
Here’s what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Care for detail; sweats the small stuff and feels ownership over processes and actions
- Dependable and consistent -- follows up without needing prompting, organizes to-do lists and projects, asks for help when needed, delivers on time
- Comfortable with technology; not afraid to get hands dirty or look up directions online
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Able to work at our downtown offices around 15 hours a week across 2-3 days
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.