Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on helping K-12 schools improve through the power of data. Our mission is to ensure that every student has great teachers, great schools, and a great education. We currently serve more than 9 million students around the world, and we have raised $32mm in funding from Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, YCombinator, Emerson Collective and Uncork Capital.
About the Role:
We are looking for a motivated intern to support our Operations team on a part-time basis. This is a great opportunity for a college junior or senior looking to build work experience, or an individual who wants to learn about life at a tech start-up. We are a friendly, hard-working team that takes pride in helping our colleagues to be as effective as possible. Our ideal candidate is excited to roll up their sleeves and dive into whatever needs to get done, takes pride in getting the details right, works efficiently and effectively, and is solutions-oriented. This is a paid internship.
Here’s more detail on the role:
- Assists with company-wide events (orders, coordination, furniture setup, decorating and other details) as needed
- Greets visitors and interview candidates at the front desk
- Responds to internal tickets for supply requests and loaner equipment
- Ensures conference rooms and other office spaces are tidy and stocked with necessary supplies
- Organizes workstations for incoming new employees
- Manages inventory of office supplies, technology accessories, groceries, and snacks (e.g., ordering, unpacking, organizing and monitoring inventory)
- Contributes to knowledge management efforts (e.g., document what you’ve done so others can follow along)
- Brainstorms and researches new ideas to proactively solve challenges
Here’s what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Self-motivated; driven, cares about the quality, presentation and delivery of the work; particularly independent work
- Attention to and care for detail; takes pride in the details and feels ownership over processes and actions
- Dependable and consistent; proactively follows up and provides updates, organizes shared to-do lists and project documents, asks for help when needed, delivers on time
- Comfortable with technology; not afraid to try things or look up directions online
- Friendly and positive; comfortable with in person and written communications
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Able to work at our downtown Boston office a minimum of 15 hours per week, with the possibility of additional hours to be discussed
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.