Mechanical Engineering Intern at Markforged
!Sorry, this job was removed at 6:06 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, March 12, 2020
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500.
The hardware engineering team is responsible for designing, prototyping, testing and documenting new products for Markforged.You will work together with members of the hardware team to support the development & testing of existing and new products.
Previous intern projects have included:
-Designing diagnostic parts & procedures that enabled customers to identify & correct print quality issues.
-Building test fixtures to perform long term life testing of critical printer components.
-Designing, fabricating & assembling prototypes of new printer components
In this role you will:
- Design and build test equipment & fixtures that meet technical requirements
- Develop, document & execute test plans to validate printer and material performance
- Conduct experiments methodically, analyze data, and interpret results
- Create & document printed parts & procedures to evaluate & improve print quality
- Document all work using tools such as Confluence, JIRA and Google Docs
What we look for:
- Education - you should be working towards at least a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or similar engineering field.
- You should be able to use 3D CAD software (Solidworks preferred)
- You should be familiar with basic fabrication techniques for metal and plastic, including drilling, cutting, milling and turning
- Experience using 3D printers is desirable
- Familiarity with basic electrical engineering and software development principles
- Basic knowledge of electro-mechanical actuators & sensors including motors, thermocouples and strain gauges
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and Matlab/Simulink is a plus
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description