MBA Product Intern 2019
Are you looking to invent new products and features for a consumer-focused technology company with a global reach? Located just outside of Boston, TripAdvisor is among the largest tech companies on the east coast. We are looking for smart, enthusiastic product management, analytics and marketing-focused MBA interns to join our MBA Product Management Internship Program.
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site**, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 570 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide -- covering 7.3 million accommodations, airlines, attractions, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 455 million average monthly unique visitors*, all looking
What You’ll Do:
- Working closely with the senior product managers and TripAdvisor management to identify gaps in core product functionality and content offerings, as well as business and product strategies to address them
- Provide analytical support and insight for key new business initiatives; this requires identifying and understanding key issues, quantitatively analyzing these issues, and communicating key insights and results
- Delivering product definitions which translate and balance business needs, customer needs and technological capabilities into site features and enhancements
- Working in cross-functional teams to help produce product specifications, establish milestones, and manage the development, implementation and marketing launch against goals
- Communicating product status, key issues and launch plans to key constituents across the TripAdvisor organization including senior management, engineering, design, sales, PR, editorial and customer support teams
- Measuring product performance and identification of key levers of improvement - including design and analysis of relevant reports
- Monitoring the competitive landscape, identifying and leading relevant market, site and consumer research needs
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- Minimum 4 years of experience, preferably in strategy consulting, agency, or consumer/B2C Internet product management
- Demonstrated consumer mind-set and interest in technology
- Sound business judgment and demonstrated strength in financial and strategic analysis
- Strong written /verbal communication skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Working towards an MBA required
- Highly detail-oriented
- Proactive self-starter with strong organization skills absolutely required
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations; sense of humor preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Demonstrates good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business