MBA intern - Strategy & Business Development at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
- Contribute to and help to lead a business plan for a new part of Indigo's business including content and financial workstreams and project management.
- Assist in operationalizing part of a new business, including determining how best to do so and working cross functionally to get alignment and needed support.
- Help to drive business discussions and contract terms working cross functionally.
- Support key components of meaningful investment work crucial to Indigo’s success
- Own and design an entire project with key milestones and owners, manage meetings cross functionally holding others accountable.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and strong financial modeling skills/experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong story building and PowerPoint skills
- Able to draft meeting ready versions of presentations to support strategic initiatives
- Self-starter and ability to work with little guidance, takes ownership of work
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to requirements to complete projects
- Strong interest in Indigo’s mission and helping company to execute to achieve goals
- Strong desire to learn and develop skill sets
- Able to manage ambiguity and work on multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- 1st year MBA candidate
- Banking, private equity, consulting and/or strategy/business development experience preferred
- Agriculture experience not necessary
- Experience managing others, able to do so in a respectful and productive manner that helps develop others
- Ability to work cross functionally in a positive and team-oriented way whether as a project lead or as a contributor
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
*we ask that MBA candidates limit themselves to 2-3 applications (maximum) across our open opportunities*
Our application deadline for MBA internships is December 4, 2019 (EOD).