MBA Intern - Strategy and Business Development
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
- Contribute to and help to lead a business plan for a new part of Indigo's business including content and financial workstreams and project management.
- Assist in operationalizing part of a new business, including determining how best to do so and working cross functionally to get alignment and needed support.
- Help to drive business discussions and contract terms working cross functionally.
- Support key components of meaningful investment work crucial to Indigo’s success
- Own and design an entire project with key milestones and owners, manage meetings cross functionally holding others accountable.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and strong financial modeling skills/experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong story building and PowerPoint skills
- Able to draft meeting ready versions of presentations to support strategic initiatives
- Self-starter and ability to work with little guidance, takes ownership of work
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to requirements to complete projects
- Strong interest in Indigo’s mission and helping company to execute to achieve goals
- Strong desire to learn and develop skill sets
- Able to manage ambiguity and work on multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- MBA candidate
- Banking, private equity, consulting and/or strategy/business development experience preferred
- Agriculture experience not necessary
- Experience managing others, able to do so in a respectful and productive manner that helps develop others
- Ability to work cross functionally in a positive and team-oriented way whether as a project lead or as a contributor