MBA intern - Product Management at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
The Product Manager MBA Intern will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams across the organization. We believe that understanding our customer’s problems are critical to helping us prioritize features which leads to a strong roadmap.
What does a successful product look like at Indigo?
We can’t make good product decisions without ‘voice of customer’. Products need to bring value and be profitable and you will take a lead role in driving us towards that. There are many product lines or areas of innovation within the walls of Indigo and the external community.
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning through trial and error every day. We try new things, take risks, make educated guesses and move quickly. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
- Analyze competitive landscape and present to Product leadership
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the indigo organization to help determine the business impact and short and long-term vision for product initiatives
- Support the roadmap planning process across the product portfolio
- Execute customer-driven culture in how we prioritize and allocate our Technology investment
- Participate in the agile development process to bring new solutions to market
- Establish clear and concise communications channels with stakeholders within the organization (i.e. Business, Engineering, Marketing) to provide visibility into product or product line decisions and process for decision making
- Establish trust with internal external customers to allow for a regular cadence of communication which helps to get design feedback early and often
- Able to balance customer-centricity, stakeholder expectations and technical feasibility for software product or product line, clearly articulating trade-offs
- Able to gain buy-in from stakeholders and drive product vision for a specific software product or product line
- Excellent cross-functional communicator, able to work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Able to translate business needs into product roadmap and technology specifications and use cases
- Highly aligned and deep understanding of company strategy, mapping strategy to execution
- Process orientation with strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to change course, as needed
- Decisive and well-informed decision-maker
- Excellent listening skills
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work as a member of a team, with great presentation and written communication skills
- Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to deliver on agreed-to outcomes in the agreed-to time frames
- Proactively brings new ideas to the table, spanning people, process and product
- 1st year MBA candidate
- Product, Technology, Banking, Private Equity, Consulting and/or strategy/business development experience preferred
- Experience working with in an agile/lean development environment preferred
- Ability to work cross functionally in a positive and team-oriented way whether as a project lead or as a contributor
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
*we ask that MBA candidates limit themselves to 2-3 applications (maximum) across our open opportunities*
Our application deadline for MBA internships is December 4, 2019 (EOD)