MBA Intern - People, Future of Work at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
The Future of Work team aims to keep people’s skill relevant for years to come through effective learning programs, performance management strategies, and employee engagement initiatives. We operate within the learning and development team and produce learning and performance related products that solve business challenges, while enabling individuals to continuously upskill and reskill their talents to grow their careers. We ground ourselves in customer feedback, so we can test our hypotheses in an iterative fashion and produce remarkably better results, quicker. We are always evaluating new ways of working, developing processes that elevate performance, implementing systems that create engagement, and exploring technologies that push the boundaries of what’s possible at work. If this environment sounds exciting and energizing to you, this may be the role you’ve been searching for.
- Own a high priority strategic project for the Indigo Future of Work team, which includes
- Designing and implementing a detailed workplan
- Building relationships and aligning stakeholders around a common goal
- Measuring and communicating status and results with senior leaders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver on business and Future of Work priorities
- Enhance learning and development, talent brand, and performance management operations
- Bring research, insights, and rigor that move existing processes forward
- Standing up an Agronomy Degree Program – contributed to building a modern digital agronomy degree program within two local colleges in Tennessee. This allows Indigo and other companies to develop the skills they need for the future and build a talented pipeline of Agronomists, Technicians, and Analysts (one of the first public-private partnerships in Ag-Tech). Received $1 million in funding to develop both programs.
- Recruitment Training – assisted with creating a streamlined recruitment training program for all recruiters, which elevated recruiters’ ability to identify and recruit top talent. Consistent training and recruitment practices across the organization allowed Indigo to grow from 500 employees to 1,300+ in less than 12 months.
- Performance Management Microsite – created an internal website for employees to access performance related resources, which are rooted in behavioral science. This site is viewed daily by 1,000+ staff and provides practical suggestions on how to create high performing micro-cultures.
- Talent and Learning: you are passionate and well versed in people topics ranging from performance management and employee engagement to talent brand and people operations
- Agile: you thrive in ambiguous environments and adapt to changing business needs
- Analytical: you take a data-driven approach to solving complex problems
- Owner Mindset: your motto is being responsible and accountable – you consistently drive projects to completion with high quality results
- Empathetic: you view working across teams and levels as an opportunity to deliver extraordinary experiences and deeply understand business challenges from multiple perspectives
- Humble: you’re eager to learn from others, from failures, and from experiences
- Mission-Driven, Values-aligned: you are purpose driven and motivated by doing the right thing
- 1st year MBA candidate with 3+ years of professional experience within HR, Product Management, Marketing, or Strategy Consulting
- Strong track record of performance
- Startup experience or high growth is a plus
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
*we ask that MBA candidates limit themselves to 2-3 applications (maximum) across our open opportunities*
Our application deadline for MBA internships is December 4, 2019 (EOD).